wtorek, 6 lipca 2021

Cyklista Mosze Cukierman

 

Moshe Cukierman,
a member of the Bar Kochba sports club in Lodz,
Poland beside his bicycle, early 1920s

From Moshe Cukierman's travel diary:

"Before the city of Ostrowiec, the road is uneven, built out of stones, like the old roads in Poland and in the dark I didn't realize that I was descending a steep mountain. I raced down at tremendous speed and it was too dangerous to jump off the bicycle. I used all my strength to try and stop but it was hopeless. Afterwards I learned that the descent is 4 km. I was exhausted from all the stops and bumps and finally I felt that I was riding on level ground and at 9:30 I reached Ostrowiec. From Kielce at 3:30 until 9:30 in the evening I covered 122 km. In Ostrowiec I went directly to the "Hakoach" sports club, where I knew the committee members. They hosted me generously and invited me for supper and to stay overnight."

Źródło: "Maccabi" cap belonging to cyclist Moshe Cukierman, member of the Bar-Kochba sports club in Lodz, Poland

Brak komentarzy: